Casting a line with the family? Pack up your own Snackle Box with some favorites like Cheesy Bacon Trail Mix or Peanut Butter Bacon Apples.
Prep time: 20 minutes
- Standard tackle box or craft bead box
- 6 strips Gwaltney Bacon, crumbled
- 8 cups rice cereal
- ½ cup pretzels
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- ½ cup cheesy crackers
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon cheesy popcorn seasoning
- Lay out Gwaltney Bacon on a baking tray and season well with black pepper. Bake at 375° F for 8-10 minutes, flip, and continue baking until crispy. For crispy bacon, cook 15-20 minutes.
- Let bacon cool, then crumble it.
- Mix together cereal, pretzels, peanuts, crackers and crumbled bacon in a large bowl.
- Drizzle melted butter over the mix and toss to combine. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and popcorn seasoning and stir well.
- Pour into a large baking dish and bake at 375°F for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let mix cool. Pack some into your tackle box for a snack on-the-go.